Terms & Conditions
General legal information
Restrictions on use of materials
All materials on the thewatersommelier.sg website, including but not limited to images, software, audio text and video clips (“Content”), are owned by The Water Sommelier or the relevant owners. No material including without limitation, the website design and layout, graphics, images and hyperlinks from this website may be imitated, modified, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted or distributed in any way, without the prior written permission from The Water Sommelier. You are not allowed to use the Content, except for the purposes specified herein. Any unauthorised use of the Content may violate The Water Sommelier’s copyright laws, trademark laws. You may view and download the Content for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided that you retain all copyright and proprietary notices contained in the Content. You may not amend the Content in any way or reproduce, publicly display, distribute or otherwise use the Content for any public or commercial purposes. Any use of the Content on any other website or networked computer environment for any purposes is prohibited.
You must not do any act that will or may interfere with the thewatersommelier.sg website’s accessibility and/or proper functioning, or that will or may place an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on The Water Sommelier’s servers.
Unauthorised modification and/or interference, misuse, abuse or unauthorised use of the thewatersommelier.sg website and any of its materials may violate The Water Sommelier’s and/or third-party owners’ intellectual property rights, and may also be an offence under the Computer Misuse and Cybersecurity Act (Chapter 50A, Singapore Statutes).
The Water Sommelier trademarks, logo and service marks found on the The Water Sommelier website including those licensed by The Water Sommelier are registered and unregistered marks of The Water Sommelier Pte Ltd. All other trademarks, trade names, product names, service marks are property of their respective owners. Any use of trademarks, logo, service marks, trade names and product names are prohibited without the written permission of The Water Sommelier or the respective owners.
Disclaimer of warranties
This website has been compiled in good faith by The Water Sommelier.
You understand that we cannot and do not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading from the internet or the thewatersommelier.sg website will be free of viruses or other destructive code. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for anti-virus protection and accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to our site for any reconstruction of any lost data.
The Water Sommelier WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY A DISTRIBUTED DENIAL-OF-SERVICE ATTACK, VIRUSES OR OTHER TECHNOLOGICALLY HARMFUL MATERIAL THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, COMPUTER PROGRAMS, DATA OR OTHER PROPRIETARY MATERIAL DUE TO YOUR USE OF THE thewatersommelier.sg WEBSITE OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE thewatersommelier.sg WEBSITE OR TO YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIAL POSTED ON IT, OR ON ANY WEBSITE LINKED TO IT.
Any reference made by The Water Sommelier in the thewatersommelier.sg website to any entities or individuals, or to their services or products, is not an endorsement nor should it imply any such endorsement of the quality or fitness of purpose of that entity, or its services or products.
YOUR USE OF THE thewatersommelier.sg WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE thewatersommelier.sg WEBSITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE thewatersommelier.sg WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER The Water Sommelier NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH THE COMPANY MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY OR AVAILABILITY OF THE thewatersommelier.sg WEBSITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER The Water Sommelier NOR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH THE COMPANY REPRESENTS OR WARRANTS THAT THE thewatersommelier.sg WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE thewatersommelier.sg WEBSITE WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, ERROR-FREE OR UNINTERRUPTED, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT THE thewatersommelier.sg WEBSITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS OR THAT THE thewatersommelier.sg WEBSITE OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE thewatersommelier.sg WEBSITE WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS.
The Water Sommelier HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
The Content contained in or published on the thewatersommelier.sg website may include inaccuracies or typographical errors. Changes are periodically added to the information.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Limitation on liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL The Water Sommelier AND OUR SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, PARTNERS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AGENTS, CONTRACTORS, LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, SUBCONTRACTORS, SUPPLIERS, INTERNS AND EMPLOYEES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGE OR LOSS OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, HOWSOEVER CAUSED AS A RESULT (DIRECT OR INDIRECT) OF THE USE OF THE thewatersommelier.sg WEBSITE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION, AND ANY DAMAGE OR LOSS SUFFERED (i) ARISING FROM OR IN RELATION TO THE CONTENT INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY ERRORS, OMISSIONS, OBSCENITIES, INFRINGING OFFENSIVE UNLAWFUL OR DEFAMATORY INFORMATION AND MATERIAL IN THE CONTENT CREATED BY AND ATTRIBUTED TO THIRD PARTIES OTHER THAN The Water Sommelier, (ii) AS A RESULT OF RELIANCE ON THE CONTENT CONTAINED IN THE thewatersommelier.sg WEBSITE, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO THE thewatersommelier.sg WEBSITE, ANY CONTENT ON THE thewatersommelier.sg WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE thewatersommelier.sg WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES AND (iii) AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF THE thewatersommelier.sg WEBSITE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Changes & access
Any change may be made to thewatersommelier.sg website and any of its materials from time to time at The Water Sommelier’s sole discretion.
The Water Sommelier reserves the right to deny access to the thewatersommelier.sg website to any particular person or access from any particular internet address to the thewatersommelier.sg website, at any time, without having to provide its reasons.
Modifications to the products and prices
Prices for our products are subject to change without notice.
The Water Sommelier reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue the thewatersommelier.sg website (or any part or content thereof) without notice at any time.
The Water Sommelier shall not be liable to you or to any third-party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the products, or the thewatersommelier.sg website.
Products and services
While The Water Sommelier has made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colours and images of our products, The Water Sommelier cannot guarantee that your computer monitor's display of any colour will be accurate.
The Water Sommelier reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to limit the provision and quantity of any product, feature or service that we offer. All descriptions of products, services, and respective pricing are subject to change at any time without notice, at the sole discretion of us. The Water Sommelier reserves the right to discontinue any product or provision of service at any time. Any offer for any product, feature or service made on this site is void where prohibited.
The Water Sommelier does not warrant that the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you will meet your expectations, or that any errors in the thewatersommelier.sg website will be corrected.
Pricing, payments and returns (if applicable)
Certain products or services may be available exclusively online through the thewatersommelier.sg website. These products or services may have limited quantities and are subject to return or exchange only according to our Return Policy/Terms of Trade/etc.
The prices of our products include Goods and Services Tax (GST) within the meaning of the Goods and Services Tax Act (Cap. 117A of Singapore) (where applicable) at the applicable current rate chargeable in the Singapore for the time being. However, if the rate of GST changes between the date of your order and the date of delivery, The Water Sommelier will adjust the GST you pay, unless you have already paid for the Products in full before the change in GST takes effect.
Hyperlinks to third party sites
The thewatersommelier.sg website contains links to other websites which are not maintained by The Water Sommelier. Similarly, other websites may contain links to the thewatersommelier.sg website. The Water Sommelier is not responsible for the contents of those websites and shall not be liable for any damages or injury arising from the contents of those websites. Any links to other websites are provided as a convenience to you as a user of the thewatersommelier.sg website, and does not imply The Water Sommelier’s endorsement of the linked websites or association with their operators. The Water Sommelier disclaims all responsibility and liability for the use of linked websites, which are accessed and used at user’s own risk.
Any third party that wishes to establish links to the thewatersommelier.sg website should notify The Water Sommelier of their intention prior to doing so. The Water Sommelier reserves the right to deny permission for any such links to the thewatersommelier.sg website. If however The Water Sommelier gives its permission for any such links, The Water Sommelier is not under any obligation to establish reciprocal links with the third party.
Right of access
The Water Sommelier reserves all rights to deny or restrict access to the thewatersommelier.sg website by any particular person, or to block access from a particular internet address to the thewatersommelier.sg website, at any time, without ascribing any reasons whatsoever.
Ownership and copyright
The thewatersommelier.sg website is owned and operated by The Water Sommelier. Unless otherwise stated, all contents of the thewatersommelier.sg website should not be reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, modified, transmitted or distributed in any way, without the prior written permission of The Water Sommelier or its members, whichever is applicable. Doing so constitutes a violation of our copyright and intellectual property rights.
You agree that you will not:
use any robot, spider, other automatic device, or manual process to monitor or copy any pages within the thewatersommelier.sg website or the Contents without The Water Sommelier’s prior written permission; use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the thewatersommelier.sg website; and take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on The Water Sommelier’s servers.
upon by all parties.
You have been directed to this Policy because a company within The Water Sommelier is collecting, using or disclosing your personal data.
In this Policy, when we use “we”, “us” or “our”, we refer to the company (The Water Sommelier) or brand (including thewatersommelier.sg) which is collecting your personal data, or which is operating the website which you are accessing or using.
This Policy sets out the basis on how we may collect, use, disclose or otherwise process personal data of our customers in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act (“PDPA”). This Policy applies to personal data in our possession or under our control, including personal data in the possession of organisations which we have engaged to collect, use, disclose or process personal data for our purposes.
- As used in this Policy:
“customer” means an individual who (a) has contacted us through any means to find out more about any goods or services we provide, or (b) may, or has, entered into a contract with us for the supply of any goods or services by us; and
“personal data” means data, whether true or not, about a customer who can be identified: (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access.
- Depending on the nature of your interaction with us, some examples of personal data which we may collect from you include name, residential address, email address and telephone number.
- Other terms used in this Policy shall have the meanings given to them in the PDPA (where the context so permits).
Collection, use and disclosure of personal data
- We generally do not collect your personal data unless (a) it is provided to us voluntarily by you directly or via a third party who has been duly authorised by you to disclose your personal data to us (your “authorised representative”) after (i) you (or your authorised representative) have been notified of the purposes for which the data is collected, and (ii) you (or your authorised representative) have provided written consent to the collection and usage of your personal data for those purposes, or (b) collection and use of personal data without consent is permitted or required by the PDPA or other laws. We shall seek your consent before collecting any additional personal data and before using your personal data for a purpose which has not been notified to you (except where permitted or authorised by law).
- We may collect and use your personal data for any or all of the following purposes:
• performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the goods and/or services requested by you;
• verifying your identity;
• responding to, handling, and processing queries, requests, applications, complaints, and feedback from you;
• managing your relationship with us;
• processing payment or credit transactions;
• any other purposes for which you have provided the information;
• transmitting to any unaffiliated third parties including our third-party service providers and agents, and relevant governmental and/or regulatory authorities, whether in Singapore or abroad, for the aforementioned purposes.
- We may disclose your personal data:
• where such disclosure is required for performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the goods and services requested by you; or
• to third party service providers, agents and other organisations we have engaged to perform any of the functions with reference to the above-mentioned purposes.
- The purposes listed in the above clauses may continue to apply even in situations where your relationship with us (for example, pursuant to your employment contract should you be hired) has been terminated or altered in any way, for a reasonable period thereafter (including, where applicable, a period to enable us to enforce our rights under a contract with you).
Withdrawing your consent
- The consent that you provide for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data will remain valid until such time it is being withdrawn by you in writing. You may withdraw consent and request us to stop collecting, using and/or disclosing your personal data for any or all of the purposes listed above by submitting your request in writing or via email to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below.
- Upon receipt of your written request to withdraw your consent, we may require reasonable time (depending on the complexity of the request and its impact on our relationship with you) for your request to be processed and for us to notify you of the consequences of us acceding to the same, including any legal consequences which may affect your rights and liabilities to us. In general, we shall seek to process your request within fourteen (14) business days of receiving it.
- Whilst we respect your decision to withdraw your consent, please note that depending on the nature and scope of your request, we may not be in a position to continue providing our goods or services to you and we shall, in such circumstances, notify you before completing the processing of your request. Should you decide to cancel your withdrawal of consent, please inform us in writing in the manner described in clause 8 above.
- Please note that withdrawing consent does not affect our right to continue to collect, use and disclose personal data where such collection, use and disclose without consent is permitted or required under applicable laws.
Access to and correction of personal data
- If you wish to make (a) an access request for access to a copy of the personal data which we hold about you or information about the ways in which we use or disclose your personal data, or (b) a correction request to correct or update any of your personal data which we hold about you, you may submit your request in writing or via email to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below.
- Please note that a reasonable fee may be charged for an access request. If so, we will inform you of the fee before processing your request.
- We will respond to your request as soon as reasonably possible. In general, our response will be within seven (7) business days. Should we not be able to respond to your request within thirty (30) days after receiving your request, we will inform you in writing within thirty (30) days of the time by which we will be able to respond to your request. If we are unable to provide you with any personal data or to make a correction requested by you, we shall generally inform you of the reasons why we are unable to do so (except where we are not required to do so under the PDPA).
Protection of personal data
- To safeguard your personal data from unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks, we have introduced appropriate administrative, physical and technical measures such as encryption, and disclosing personal data both internally and to our authorised third-party service providers and agents only on a need-to-know basis.
- You should be aware, however, that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure. While security cannot be guaranteed, we strive to protect the security of your information and are constantly reviewing and enhancing our information security measures.
Accuracy of personal data
- We generally rely on personal data provided by you (or your authorised representative). In order to ensure that your personal data is current, complete and accurate, please update us if there are changes to your personal data by informing our Data Protection Officer in writing or via email at the contact details provided below.
Retention of personal data
- We may retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, or as required or permitted by applicable laws.
- We will cease to retain your personal data, or remove the means by which the data can be associated with you, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that such retention no longer serves the purpose for which the personal data was collected, and is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
Transfers of personal data outside of Singapore
- We generally do not transfer your personal data to countries outside of Singapore. However, if we do so, we will obtain your consent for the transfer to be made and we will take steps to ensure that your personal data continues to receive a standard of protection that is at least comparable to that provided under the PDPA.
Third party links and products on our services
- You may contact our Data Protection Officer if you have any enquiries or feedback on our personal data protection policies and procedures, or if you wish to make any request, in the following manner:
Attn to: Data Protection Officer c/o Web Administrator, The Water Sommelier Pte Ltd. Contact no.: (65)96153273 Email address : info[at]thewatersommelier[dot]sg
Effect of Policy and changes to Policy
- This Policy applies in conjunction with any other notices, contractual clauses and consent clauses that apply in relation to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data by us.
- We may revise this Policy from time to time without any prior notice. Your continued use of our services constitutes your acknowledgement and acceptance of such changes.
- This policy is governed by the laws of Singapore. You agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Singapore in any dispute relating to this Policy.